I Love Lloret

Welcome to 'I Love Lloret' a NEW Lloret de mar blog where we plan to explore everything about Lloret, the weather, the town, the people, the bars and clubs..everything of interest any questions or suggestions? I love Lloret, do you? please contact Maggie Vinall: cheerslloret@googlemail.com

Saturday 5 January 2013

I Love Lloret de mar Christmas: three kings

I Love Lloret de mar the Christmas three kings festival is still the main Xmas party for the vast majority of Spain, when the three kings (wise men) arrive on the 5th January in towns and cities all over the country.
The wise men Melchior, Caspar and Balthazar hand out sweets to children and there is a real party atmosphere as they parade through Lloret.
That evening, children leave milk and biscuits for the wise men and water for their camels next to the Christmas tree. They also leave out their best shoes in the hope they will be full of presents when they awake on the 6th January...wonderful traditions!.